Unity tutorial _ Add teleporters and sounds

Having hit a lighting rabbit hole, I've put some questions to the Virtual Animation forum. Whilst that question is cooking, I've turned my attention to watching a webinar on Creating a VR environment and now the Unity tutorial, creating a teleporter and sound effects. This is how I want my viewer to move around the scene. This will hopefully avoid motion sickness and added sounds will create more immersion. 

https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/add-teleporters-for-movement?uv=2019.3&projectId=5e4abf44edbc2a09bf60dceb#5e4e8e98edbc2a1231b83662


Tested and the teleporter worked. 
Next step included dragging an interactable object into the scene. In this case a green bubblegun. The test is to see if I can grab it. First try, I realised that I'd placed the teleport point too far away from the box. Headset off, move the teleporter and try again...


It worked!
Next step....add a sound effect
Adding contact sound to an object







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Hannah Thompson, Royal Holloway University

Thematic Analysis_ Phase 3 - searching for themes - David Interview - iteration 1 - Coding Memo_051