Unity - Post-Processing Stack for VR

When interviewing Sally and Aaron, I imagined scenes of Piccadilly Circus, neon, trees, tube-lines, commuters, vivid colours against dark backgrounds. I've taken inspiration from this particular blog on the Unity site, which documents a workflow process to rapidly create an environment, using stock assets as much as possible. This is something I discussed at my last supervisory meeting. I aim to use as many stock assets from the Unity store as possible, and making some custom assets in Quill.

I am particularly inspired by the idea of importing very rough 3D elements with emissive light qualities, very early on in the creative process; to see the post-processing result as early as possible.. Below is the screen grab of the artist's quick mock up, to see post-processing effects early on.


https://learn.unity.com/project/getting-started-with-the-post-processing-stack-for-vr

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/10/04/neon/



My test below, even though the models are rough tests, unfinished and do not represent city elements, I wanted to import them in quickly and to see what a bloom effect would have on the pre-animated Mixamo figure...this gives me a glimpse of what is possible to achieve.

My environment is going to be a compact scene, with animated characters. Keeping it simple, I aim to incorporate places and perceptions identified in my thematic analysis.

Elements below include an interpretation of the London underground tube lines, trees created in Quill and a pre-animated figure selected in Mixamo. The Quill drawings take up to 20 minutes and the figure a few minutes to download and import. Therefore, test scenes are relatively quick to establish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Hannah Thompson, Royal Holloway University