Environment inspiration using Quill - Unity pipeline

 https://www.othart.com/vrdemo

Environment inspiration using Quill and exported into Unity


Email reply below from Oth Khotsimeuang, creator of the above video of Toyko Streets, stating the workflow he uses between Quill and Unity.

I paint- normally like I would in quillVR. I would say most of the light- 95% of it is done in quill via painted vertex lights.

I'm also a painter so all of the colors is painted by hand. We only bring it into unity to throw glow or bloom shaders on it-

ALSO the unity camera is better.

We use the unit camera to do a steady smooth camera motion so we don't make the people motion sick- with our own handi-cam in quill.

 

Then we import the objects into Unity and put a vertex shader on it. Then I export the camera- in unity into flat images- sometimes at 30fps when converting it for Premiere- avi or movs.

 

(see the link below for dealing with FBX files.

https://quill.fb.com/developers/how-to-use-quill-fbx-in-unity

 

I hope this helps.

 

-Oth

Comments