Thematic Analysis_Phase 3 - searching for themes - Sally Interview - iteration 5 - Coding Memo_015

Continuation of combining codes into sub-themes.
A teams video call with my second supervisor, Fraser Bruce, to check that I'd not entered into a rabbit hole of nonsense themes...
Notes:

  • (note for myself: review all previous slides created during data coding to explore all summaries that could become potential sub-themes, candidate themes or overarching themes)
  • Fraser: It may be that some themes are identified, but that I choose to not pursue that route. If so, I can become scholarly and signpost the reader to articles and papers relating to that theme
  • Revisit my literature review in my upgrade document (and other literature subsequently reviewed) 
  • How will I know which themes to focus on? I answered, keep in mind the research questions.
  • Look at Katerina Gorkovenko's thesis (downloaded) to look at TA examples
  • Aiming to get the TA completed across all data sets by the end of June 2020.
  • Schedule a call in the next two weeks, with all supervisors, to review.
Slides created today, indicating potential sub-themes and candidate themes









Comments