OPD_02: Research Integrity and Ethical Research on-line quizzes

I am required to complete an on-line mandatory course, followed by an OPD session, relating to Research Integrity and Ethical Research. It comprises of five videos followed by five quizzes. I need to score 80% or above in each quiz. So far, for the first two I've scored 80% and 100% respectively.
It's been interesting to see how the impact of taking the second quiz provoked a question to my supervisors.
The quiz covered conflict of interest and that researchers need to be transparent. Following Katie Brown's upgrade earlier this week, I was inspired to consider volunteering at the Blind Society Dundee. The quiz helped apply some 'brakes' and I realised that I would likely need ethical approval to volunteer. Plus I think I may have a friend who works there, so the quiz prompted me to consider that this would need to be disclosed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Hannah Thompson, Royal Holloway University