PhD Thesis - Richard Andrew Fuller: Animation and Design

In answer to my supervisor's question "Have you read any PhD theses?" My answer was "no!"

I've ordered three PhD theses from the DJCAD library archives. Two of which remain in the library and I can review them there. This one is now at home and ready to be read!

Fuller, R.A. (1991) Animation and Design. Unpublished PhD thesis. DJCAD, Dundee University.


Review:
Upon reading I discovered that this is in fact a Masters thesis. Interesting facts about the origins of animation, along-with a new understanding of computer generated imagery and how long it has been in industry. Given that this thesis was written and submitted in 1991, it was very inspiring to see how the predicted trajectory of the benefits and uses of computer aided design and animation and how this has now become a reality.
A fairly quick read in a couple of hours and it prompted me to research other PhD theses available from the British Library.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Hannah Thompson, Royal Holloway University

Thematic Analysis_ Phase 3 - searching for themes - David Interview - iteration 1 - Coding Memo_051