The majority of Sally's world in the VR experience is, other than a few glitches and some animation for walking legs, complete. The ideas for David's world leading straight from Sally's world didn't seem to flow, or be as dramatic as I hoped. My training insists on leaving ideas alone if they're not working and to turn my attention to something else. In this case I've started working on Piccadilly Circus and I'm considering an escalator rising up from Sally's world and arriving near the statue of Eros.

Roughed out the world layout, cheating and 'dressing to camera' - meaning, much like a real live action set, the buildings are simply facades and placed in position to work best with the camera view. I wanted a sky rather than a background and found a tutorial on how to paint an equirectangular image in photoshop. First time using 3D layers in photoshop and painting a skybox.

Screen grabs below of progress...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr Hannah Thompson, Royal Holloway University